Defining an international set of health outcomes
The Decision Group and a leading academic hospital in The Netherlands defined an international set of health outcomes to create one language for all people involved in improving hemophilia-care.
- Based on Porter’s Outcomes Measures Hierarchy.
- ICHOM compliant outcome set.
- Representing true care ‘results’ over a full cycle of care.
- Includes patients’ view and involvement.
- Enables medical teams and patients to act upon.
- Allows for international universal use and comparing between health care facilities.
About this project
PWH representatives, medical and acdemic experts in hemophilia collectively developed an consensus-based outcomes set for PWH following a structured and robust iterative process in which PWH (representatives) played a pivotal role.
Ten health outcomes, subdivided in Porter’s Outcomes Measures Hierarchy, were selected and thoroughly defined to standardize measurement and allow for continuous improvement of hemophilia.